The National Weather Service has issued a RED FLAG WARNING for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect from noon to 8 PM Wednesday, 3/30/2022, for portions of Southeast Ohio including Athens County. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- Timing…Wednesday, 3/30/22, 12PM until 8PM.
- Winds…South 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Relative Humidity…Between 20 and 30 percent.
- Temperatures…In the mid-70s to low 80s.
- Impacts…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.