The National Weather Service has issued a FLOOD WATCH for Athens County in effect from 6:00AM Tuesday, February 22, 2022, until 6:00AM February 23, 2022.
- WHAT-Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
- WHERE-Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio and West Virginia, including the following counties, in northeast Kentucky, Boyd, Carter, Greenup and Lawrence KY. In southeast Ohio, Athens, Gallia, Jackson OH, Lawrence OH, Meigs, Morgan, Perry, Vinton and Washington. In West Virginia, Cabell, Jackson WV, Lincoln, Mason, Pleasants, Putnam, Ritchie, Tyler, Wayne, Wirt and Wood.
- WHEN-From 6:00AM Tuesday, February 22, 2022, until 6:00AM February 23, 2022.
- IMPACTS-Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS-A wave of low pressure will bring persistent rainfall to an already soggy middle Ohio Valley from early Tuesday morning through Tuesday night. This could cause flooding of urban and other poor drainage and low-lying areas, along with rises on streams and rivers, which were still running high from rainfall late last week. http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS-You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.