The National Weather Service has issued a FLOOD WATCH for Athens County from Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 12AM until Sunday, January 2, 2022, at 1AM.
- WHAT – Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible. Forecast rainfall amounts of 1.5 to as much as 3 inches are possible, beginning late tonight through Saturday night.
- WHERE – Portions of southeast Ohio and West Virginia.
- WHEN – Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 12AM until Sunday, January 2, 2022, at 1AM.
- IMPACTS – Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Low-water crossings may be flooded.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.