The City of Nelsonville is hosting a free pop-up COVID-19 community testing event in partnership with Athens City/ County Health Department and the State of Ohio on Monday, January 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Nelsonville/ York High School, 1 Buckeye Drive in Nelsonville.
- There are no criteria for testing and the event is open to anyone ages 2+.
- Children 17 and under must have a guardian present.
- You do NOT need to bring an insurance card.
- Testing will be performed by the Ohio National Guard.
- Walkers and bicyclists welcome.
- Depending on volume, please expect delays.
- Testing stations will be clearly marked on-site.
- Masks are required, no-smoking please.
- There will be an express lane for those with their forms already filled out. The forms are available online at
- . Please print clearly!
The Athens City/ County Health Department with follow up with all positive tests from people who reside in Athens County, as they do with all local positive COVID-19 tests. Anyone who tests positive but lives outside of Athens County will get contacted by their local health department.
Testing for COVID-19 is critical to helping stop the spread of this virus. It saves lives. When we’re able to test more individuals in a community it allows us to quickly identify infected individuals and isolate them. In that way, it helps us contain and decrease the spread of illness so we can go on the offense against this virus.
Please visit our Facebook pages for the most up to date information in regarding this event.