The Planning Commission of the City of Nelsonville has One (1) open position available.
- The Planning Commission shall consist of five (5) members serving overlapping terms of five (5) years each, provided that initial appointments under this Charter shall be as follows: One for a term of one (1) year, one for a term of two (2) years, one for a term of three (3) years, one for a term of four (4) years, and one for a term of five (5) years.
- The Council, by ordinance or resolution, shall designate the Planning Commission to serve as the platting commission of the City, and the Commission shall have control of platting and shall recommend regulations to Council covering the platting of all lands within the City.
- The Planning Commission shall recommend to Council, for the Council’s adoption with or without revisions thereto, a comprehensive general plan or revisions thereto for the physical development of the City, which shall include, but not be limited to:
- The location of public ways, property, bridges, utilities, buildings, parks, playgrounds, bikeways, and recreation areas.
- The comprehensive general plan shall show the existing school locations in the City and shall show the projected locations of all new schools as determined by the governing board of the appropriate school district.
- The Planning Commission shall prepare and recommend to Council such ordinances and resolutions as will promote the general welfare of the City and its inhabitants; recommend for the Council’s approval a base map to be titled the “Official Map of the City of Nelsonville”; and exercise control over the subdivision of lands and the improvement or development thereof as authorized by the City’s ordinances and resolutions.
- In the performance of its functions, the Planning Commission may enter upon any land in a lawful manner to make examinations and surveys, and place and maintain necessary monuments and markers thereon.
- The Planning Commission shall have such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as provided by the City’s ordinances and resolutions.
Send your letter of interests to Scott Frank, Nelsonville City Manager at email@example.com or mail to 211 Lake Hope Drive, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764.