The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Watch for Athens County for Monday, April 13, 2020 from 6:00AM until 8:00PM.
- WHAT – Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 58 mph possible.
- WHERE – Portions of southeast Ohio, southwest Virginia, northeast Kentucky and central, northeast, northern, southeast, southern and western West Virginia.
- WHEN – Monday, April 13, 2020 from 6:00AM until 8:00PM.
- IMPACTS – Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS – Thunderstorms may also occur during the watch period, with brief enhanced wind gusts.
Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this situation. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in a safe location prior to the onset of winds.