The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Watch for Athens County until 8:00PM, Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
* WHAT … Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE … Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio and West Virginia.
* WHEN … Until 8:00PM, Wednesday, August 10, 2022.
* IMPACTS … Excessive runoff may result in flooding of creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS … – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS … You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.