The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Watch for Athens County in effect from 2:00 PM, Thursday, August 4, 2022, until 10:00 PM, Sunday, August 7, 2022.
* WHAT … Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible.
* WHERE … Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio, southwest Virginia and West Virginia.
* WHEN … From 2:00 PM, Thursday, August 4, 2022, until 10:00 PM, Sunday, August 7, 2022.
* IMPACTS … Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. The greatest risk period for flooding will be Saturday and Sunday afternoon and evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS … – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS … You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.