The National Weather Service has issued a FLOOD WATCH effective until Saturday, May 7, 2022, at 8:00AM.
- WHAT – Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
- WHERE – Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio, southwest Virginia and West Virginia, including the following counties, in southeast Ohio, Athens, Gallia, Jackson OH, Lawrence OH, Meigs, Morgan, Perry, Vinton and Washington
- WHEN – Effective until Saturday, May 7, 2022, at 8:00AM.
- IMPACTS – Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS – Thunderstorms capable of producing very heavy rain will move northeast across the region today into Saturday morning. One to two inches of rain with higher amounts are possible across these areas. – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS – You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.