TUESDAY, MAY 3, 2022, IS ELECTION DAY IN OHIO!
SO, GET OUT AND VOTE!
POLLING PLACES ARE OPEN UNTIL 7:30PM!
Please remember to vote yes for the Nelsonville Recreation replacement levy that is on the ballot!
- The recreation levy is not a new tax. The recreation levy has been around for some time
- The recreation levy is Nelsonville’s only source of park repair and maintenance funding
- Due to the recreation levy being a replacement it will cost the average homeowner an estimated $.70-$1.86 a year according to County Auditor Jill Thompson
- $.70-$1.86 a year, that less than a small fry from the drive through, less than a pack of gum
- The recreation levy brings in about $24,000 per year for park maintenance and upkeep
- The City of Nelsonville respectfully asks for the town’s support for our parks and recreation once again to make sure we can keep this program going. There is no other funding source for our parks