The National Weather Service has issued a FLOOD WATCH for Athens County in effect until 1:00 PM, Monday, March 7, 2022.
- WHAT – Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
- WHERE – Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio and West Virginia, including the following counties, in northeast Kentucky, Boyd, Carter, Greenup and Lawrence KY. In southeast Ohio, Athens, Gallia, Jackson OH, Lawrence OH, Meigs and Vinton. In West Virginia, Cabell, Jackson WV, Lincoln, Mason, Putnam, Roane, Wayne, Wirt and Wood.
- WHEN – Until 1:00 PM, Monday, March 7, 2022.
- IMPACTS – Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS – You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.