The City of Nelsonville Code Enforcement Office wants to make the residents of Nelsonville aware that there is a city ordinance that outlines the rules for yard and or garage sales in the City of Nelsonville. We have listed those rules below.
- No more than (4) four sales per year
- Sales can be no more than three (3) days in duration
- Sales can start as early as 8:00 AM and run during daylight hours only
- Signs advertising the sale can be erected on the premises or on the public right-of-way adjacent to the property
- Signs cannot be posted off-site on utility poles, public utilities such as traffic control panels, or on private property except with the permission of the property owner
- Signs need to be removed after twenty-four (24) hours at end of sale.
- Sale merchandise is limited to household and personal items and shall not include separately obtained or purchased items or merchandise where the sale of such items would constitute a business activity or otherwise constitute a business use required to be located in a commercial or industrial zoning district.
Please contact Becky Barber, Code Enforcement Officer, if you have any questions or concerns. (740 753-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org