The National Weather Service has issued a Fire Weather Watch for Athens County, which is in effect from noon today through 8PM, Tuesday, 5/1/18.
- Winds…Southwest 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Timing…Noon today until 8PM this evening.
- Relative Humidity…As low as 20 percent.
- Temperatures…In the mid to upper 70s.
- Impacts…There is potential for fires to spread rapidly.
- Outdoor burning is not recommended.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS; A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.